They say “a klapa multipart-singing group is a circle with Omiš at its center”. This makes Omiš the best place to enter the world of Dalmatian klapa, included in the UNESCO list of intangible cultural heritage.
However, klapa is not just about singing; it is also about getting together, friendship, a sense of belonging to Dalmatia. It is a way of life we will be happy to introduce you with. We will take you on a tour of the streets of Omiš and of the places in the town where you will learn how multipart-singing came into being, how friends would meet in a tavern (konoba) and sing a capella as Dalmatian klapa do. Than we will show you how with time, this style of singing moved from taverns to streets and today it knows no bounds.
The tour takes around 1.5 hours. The program includes:
• Tour of Omiš and places associated with multipart-singing
• Traditional Dalmatian midmorning snack in a tavern as the traditional gathering place of multipart-singing groups
• Visit to Dalmatian multipart-singing festival venue
• Learning about multipart-singing
• Visit to multipart-singing multimedia exhibition with expert guidance
• A workshop on the Dalmatian klapa multipart singing under the mentorship of a klapa leader can be included in the program. A traditional Dalmatian dinner can also be arranged in Kaštil Slanica restaurant, with possible concert of a Dalmatian klapa.
The excursion can be arranged for groups of 2 to 40 persons. | The excursion is suitable for all age groups (children and minors must be accompanied by parents or other responsible adults). | Expert guided tours in Croatian and English are available (also in other languages, at request). | All the above elements of the program are optional; kindly contact us for the final version of the program.